|One Year Or More Before Wedding
your engagement to family and friends.
- Introduce both sets of parents, if you have not already.
- Select a wedding date, time a possible alternate date.
- Determine the style, size and degree of formality of your
- Check with your clergyman to determine any pre-marital
- Reserve the church, temple or ceremony site.
- Plan the reception and book location as soon as wedding date
- Hire a caterer,
if not included with reception site.
- Discuss how expenses will be shared with all relevant
- Enjoy your engagement party and promptly send thank you
notes for gifts received.
|Nine To Twelve Months Before The
|Six to Nine Months Before the
and order bridesmaids dresses and schedule fittings and delivery
- Arrange for limousines or other transportation.
- Select and reserve florist and discuss color scheme.
- Register your preferences with the bridal registries of your
- Begin shopping for the formal wear for the groom and male
|Four to Six Months Before the
- Check requirements for blood tests and marriage licenses in
- Make an appointment for an exam with your doctor and
- Select and order wedding rings.
- Ask both mothers to coordinate and select their dresses.
- Complete your guest list. (There should be no
- Order invitations and stationery, such as direction cards
and wedding programs.
- Reserve rental supplies such as Bird cage, Mail box, wedding
- Purchase gifts for wedding attendants and look for favors
- Purchase accessories, such as toasting goblets, cake knives,
flower girl basket, garter, ring pillow, candles, guest book and
- Engage a calligrapher to address invitations, envelopes and
write place cards.
- Select baker and order wedding cake and groom's cake.
- Finalize honeymoon details and make reservations.
- Apply for a visa or passport, if necessary.
- Ensure that all bridal attire has been ordered.
- Experiment with hairstyle and cut, if your doing your own
- Begin shopping for your trousseau.
See more books about wedding Bargains.
|Two to Three Months Before the
- Send wedding announcements to the newspaper.
- Reserve accommodations for out-of-town attendants and
- Choose the men's wedding attire. Be sure the sizes are
- You or your calligrapher should start addressing invitation
- Mail invitations six weeks before the wedding.
- Assist the groom's mother with making reservations and
finalizing rehearsal dinner details.
- Finalize details with florist, photographer, Videographer,
musicians and baker.
- Set the date and time for the rehearsal with the officiate.
- Schedule a formal bride portrait appointment.
- Choose a responsible person to attend to your guest book.
- Make an appointment with hairdresser and makeup artist, if
you are to have it done for you.
|Four to Six Weeks Before the
- Invitations should have been mailed out by now.
- Mail thank-you notes for shower gifts.
- Get your blood test and apply for marriage license.
- Have your final wedding dress fitting.
- Have the final fittings for your wedding attendants.
- Purchase a gift for your future spouse.
- Have attendants' parties.
- Finalize decor, food and beverage
menu with the caterer.
- Purchase going away outfit.
|Two to Three Weeks Before the
- Finalize a time schedule of the day with your wedding
- Contact guests who have not returned respond cards.
- Address and stamp wedding announcements to be mailed on your
- Arrange name change on documents for business, banking,
- Send change of address notice to post office.
- Order travelers checks for honeymoon, if needed.
- Pick up wedding rings; check to make sure they fit and
engraving inscriptions are correct.
- Meet with photographer. Give him/her a list of special
events or props you want in the videotape.
- Meet with the entertainer and give him/her a list of the
music to be played during special events such as bouquet and
- Continue writing thank-you notes for gifts received.
|One to Two Weeks Before the
- Write or have calligrapher do the place cards or a reception
- Provide the caterer with the final guest count and seating
- Confirm honeymoon reservations, pick up tickets and
- Assign tasks for your wedding day; written out for each
wedding party attendant.
- Pick up wedding attire and make sure everything fits
- Finalize details of transportation for out-of-town guests
and wedding day.
|One Week Before the Wedding
- Continue writing thank you notes for gifts received.
- Pack your suitcase for your honeymoon.
- Fill labeled envelops with gratuities for wedding day.
- Make sure you have your wedding license.
- Wrap gifts for bridesmaids and ushers.
|One or Two Days Before the
- Rehearse wedding ceremony with all participants in
- Attend rehearsal dinner.
- Give the best man the officiates fee and instruct him to
deliver on the wedding day.
- Give your gifts to the wedding attendants.
- Pick up rentals for wedding and reception.
- Get a good night's sleep the night before your wedding day.
- Get a manicure.
- Choose a responsible person to return rentals after the
wedding and pick up the deposit for each rental.
|On the Wedding Day
- Remain calm and try to relax; perhaps with a long bath.
- Remember to bring the wedding rings and marriage license.
- Check with florist to be sure that flowers will be delivered
- Apply makeup and style your hair, or have it done
- Start dressing two hours before the ceremony.
- If pictures are to be taken before the ceremony, the wedding
party should be ready about two hours before the ceremony.
- Mail or have someone mail the wedding announcements.
- Have music start about twenty minutes before the ceremony
- Have guest seated as they arrive.
- Enjoy your wedding and SMILE.
|After the Wedding
- Have bridal gown professionally cleaned and preserved.
- Write and mail all thank you notes as soon as possible.
Remember BartenderGirl.com can provide all the services for your
wedding. View what we can do!